Official R-Spec Specifications Released! - Page 2 - Hyundai Genesis Forum
Misc Hyundai News and Announcements Miscellaneous Hyundai News and Announcements

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Moderator
 
Tufast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 10,780
Tufast is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbasaun View Post
I don't think it will way a whole lot less than the base model since the items that are deleted are not big items, I am going to say 3200 even..
+1...but we can always hope for more, although it didn't work in the pricing....

Sponsored By: Columbus Body Works / ARK Performance / Modern Automotive Performance / Forged Performance
Tufast is offline  
post #12 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 126
curtdragon is on a distinguished road
Man I dont know who thought that was good idea but its all screwed up. They left out dumb stuff and kept other items that should have been removed.

Bluetooth® $40 wieght? 2lbs at the most
automatic headlights $400 5lbs
cruise control (the only logical choice)
trip computer (wow really?)

Shoulda taken off the TPMS, not need on a track car.
Well I guess my points are moot as based on what I see, I think the Track model is for me. I need my sunroof and power seats =)
curtdragon is offline  
post #13 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 PM
The Dude
 
Lord Calvert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Puyallup,Wa
Posts: 2,120
Lord Calvert is on a distinguished road
Just have Rhys Millen racing build you track model that car he's putting togother with red bull and hyundai is sweet, better looking than the "Art of Speed" Sema car to me.
Lord Calvert is offline  
 
post #14 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
mtbiker124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 115
mtbiker124 is on a distinguished road
wow a lighter model thats also cheaper but still has whats important from the track model, only 3 colors and red is one of them... there it is, Rspec for me.
mtbiker124 is offline  
post #15 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Super Old Timer
 
PowerAXEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 1,334
PowerAXEL is on a distinguished road
Why don't they just sell it now? Its only downside hearing form Chicago Auto Show~
PowerAXEL is offline  
post #16 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Poser!
 
Sabbasaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,997
Sabbasaun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtdragon View Post
Man I dont know who thought that was good idea but its all screwed up. They left out dumb stuff and kept other items that should have been removed.

Bluetooth® $40 wieght? 2lbs at the most
automatic headlights $400 5lbs
cruise control (the only logical choice)
trip computer (wow really?)

Shoulda taken off the TPMS, not need on a track car.
Well I guess my points are moot as based on what I see, I think the Track model is for me. I need my sunroof and power seats =)
Yeah I am not totally agreeing with some of their choices either, but more important to me is getting the Brembo's and the track suspension for only around 1700 more, that's a bargain in my opinion.. If I want to get a better stereo that integrates bluetooth I can do that, cruise control not a big deal and aftermarket trip computers exist also.. I guess looking at the big picture not THAT big of a deall...
Sabbasaun is offline  
post #17 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Poser!
 
Sabbasaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,997
Sabbasaun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Calvert View Post
Just have Rhys Millen racing build you track model that car he's putting togother with red bull and hyundai is sweet, better looking than the "Art of Speed" Sema car to me.
I liked both, obviusly the Art of Speed was a one time deal for SEMA, but the Red Bull BK is pretty cool in my opinon... together with Hyundai i think this will bring a lot of exposure to the motorsports and also for Hyundai..
Sabbasaun is offline  
post #18 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
Poser!
 
Sabbasaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,997
Sabbasaun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker124 View Post
wow a lighter model thats also cheaper but still has whats important from the track model, only 3 colors and red is one of them... there it is, Rspec for me.
+1 Im 100% with you although i'm gonna have to get the white or black..
Sabbasaun is offline  
post #19 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Senior Member
 
mtbiker124's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 115
mtbiker124 is on a distinguished road
so tufast and i, we're the only ones backin red in here??? fine with me!! easier for everyone to know whos is whos!!!
mtbiker124 is offline  
post #20 of 67 Old 02-11-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Poser!
 
Sabbasaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,997
Sabbasaun is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbiker124 View Post
so tufast and i, we're the only ones backin red in here??? fine with me!! easier for everyone to know whos is whos!!!
Very true.. I wish they had the dark grey but ohwell, the White would look sweet with some tinted windows though... man it'll be just like my old Ford Turbocoupe I had.. I could do the blue racing stripes even!!
Sabbasaun is offline  
Reply

Tags
R-SPec , Spec , Specifications

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://genesisforums.org/misc-hyundai-news-announcements/1001-official-r-spec-specifications-released.html
Posted By For Type Date
Petition for Rhys Millen and Hyundai - DRIFTING.com This thread Refback 02-11-2009 03:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome