Originally Posted by joshua243487
what are the steps to bleed the clutch line and replace it?
The clutch line is replaced just like the brake lines.
- Start by loosening the line bolt on drivers side of M/T with 12mm wrench, but not to the point brake fluid leaks out
- Remove the clip that holds the line in place up top with a pair of pliers by pulling out on it until it is free
- Break the line loose from the line going to the pump by using 16mm to hold line at bottom & use 11mm box style line wrench to hold upper line to the pump
- Take out your new line & put a recovery oil pan under where you are about to work
- Line should only be about hand tight, so remove bolt out of tranny side 1st, then as line dangles, remove from upper line
- Install new line reverse order doing the upper connection 1st then to the tranny *note; do not tighten hardware, only snug down
- Adjust the line so that there is slack throughout
- Torque down all the hardware
- Reinstall the clip into the line to hold it in place up top where meets other line, you will need to tap in with hammer
- Remove filler cap & add brake fluid to full mark *note; don't overfill
or at this point you could flush system
- Bleed system
As for wrenches used, double check sizes, because I'm writing this from memory...